and install full featured extension (VSIX) (or free version
2. Open Visual Studio and select new ApiNCoreE(x) (with ER ORM) solution template from Visual C# templates section.
3. Nuget dependencies should be restored automatically with Internet connection. If that is not happening then you can use command 'Manage Nuget Packages -> Restore' and run for each project.
4. Set and save in connection string only "Data Source" (server name) in configuration file (appsettings.json) for API project and Test project(only full version):
"ConnectionStrings":"YourSolutionNameDB": "Data Source=CopyHereYourServerName;Initial Catalog=YourSolutionName;...",
5. Make sure that startup project is API and run Visual Studio solution which automatically initiates migration/seed services to get the API service info page. Note that by default JWT is used as authentication service for the API.
6. Test with Swagger API specification link using credentials firstname.lastname@example.org
to get security token.
The solution run triggers the database migration and data seed code which creates and populates initial tables.
In order to use IndentityServer4 as authentication service for the API, you can update configuration file (appsettings.json) in API project with this setting:
Extended VSIX version steps:
7. Set and save in configuration file (appsettings.json) in Test project connection string "Data Source" and authentication type JWT like:
8. Run all integration tests in Test project. It is used JWT as authetication service for the API.
9. Set and save in configuration file (appsettings.json) in Test project this setting:
10. Build the solution.
11. Run IdentityServer by righ-click on project IdentityServer and "View/View in Browser" and wait for IS4 startup page
12. Run all tests in Test project. It is used Indentity Server 4 as authetication service for the API.
13. Import Postman_tests_collection.json from Test project folder to Postman
14. Run JWT tests in Postman runner.
15. Set and save in configuration file (appsettings.json) in API project this setting:
16. Build the solution.
17. Run API and IS project the same time (use multiple startup project VS option)
18. Run IS4 tests in Postman runner.
T4 templates code generation/scaffolding:
Create new entity class (must inherit from BaseEntity) in Entity project, Entity folder,
To execute all T4 templates right-click on CodeGeneratorUtility.bat (Entity project) file and OpenWith command using PowerShell (may need to -Add...- PowerShell program) .
In order to execute manually use T4 template right-click on specific tt file and Run Custom Tool command.
If executing manually find end execute T4 templates in THIS order:
Use PM console (set Entity project as default one) to add new migration and update database (see commands in Entity project _nugets.txt for PM console)
Run all unit tests.
With these scaffolding routines, hundreds lines of code could be generated.
- Entity project 1_t4EntityHelpersGenerate.tt
- Domain project Domain folder 2_t4DomainViewModelsGenerate.tt
- Domain project Mapping folder 3_t4DomainMappingProfileGenerate.tt
- Domain project Service folder 4_t4DomainServicesGenerate.tt
- API project Controller folder 5_t4ApiControllerGenerate.tt
- API project Setup additions 5_t4ApiStartupAdditionsGenerate.tt
- Test project 6_t4IntegrationTestGenerate.tt
Swagger API tests:
Note that Swagger UI works in the latest versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge.(not IE)
Set and save in configuration file (appsettings.json) in API project this setting to use JWT authentication:
Run API service and click Swagger API specification button.
Find Token service (JWT), use Try it out button and enter these values (exists in test project code and match values in User table)):
Execute Token service and copy returned token value: eyJhbGc...
Click Authorize button on the top of the Swagger page and add value
Bearer eyJhbGc.... Click Authorize button.
All service calls are now authorized and can be tested.
Download full version of VSIX
Download full-featured VSIX extensions for VS2017 and VS2019
(with time-saving T4 code generation; with XUnit project integration tests and Postman tests)
Get two ApiNCoreEx.vsix (.NET Core 3.1 and .NET Core 2.2 version) extensions with these features :
Api, Domain, Entity and Test project
DI (.NET Core feature)
Generic Service and Repository with Entity Framework ORM
Sync and Async calls
Generic exception handler
Serilog logging with Console and File sinks
EF migration and seed from json objects
JWT authorization and authentication option
Implemented IdentityServer4 with an OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0 framework for ASP.NET Core.
Swagger and Swashbuckle with ASP.NET Core
XUnit integration tests (http client) run for both authentication types: JWT or IS4
Postman API tests (JWT and IS4) for import as json file
T4 templates for code generation/scaffolding for Domain, Service, Controller and UnitTests
EF stored procedure option
Get 2 extensions for only $24 CAD and save many hours to start with fully functional .NET Core REST API with all layers code scaffolding driven by added entity classes.
Your time is priceless!
Get 5 extensions for only $36 CAD and save many hours to start with fully functional .NET Core REST API.
More information about REST API with Dapper ORM and FluentMigrator here.
Please use Paypal "Return to merchant" link after your payment in order to get VSIXs download page.
If you have problems to download purchased VSIXs please contact us at email@example.com and we will send you the download link.
Note that no support is available for generated code with these VSIX extensions; however please let us know about suggestions, issues or improvements regarding solutions generated by the VS extensions.
We guarantee access to all updates of the product up to 6 months after the date of the purchase.
Extensions' icons thanks to cjdowner.
Note that there is no restriction to use, copy, modify, and distribute software created with this Visual Studio extension template. The extension resell is forbidden! Created solution using this template may contain code with unintentional flaws or limitations. Please adjust created solution to your needs and test it before any production use. IN NO EVENT SHALL OWNER OF THIS EXTENSION BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE AND ITS DOCUMENTATION, EVEN IF THE OWNER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.